Helen's Garden Renovation Project

Friday 20 April 2007

Found the Waldsteinia!

Filed under: Progress — Helen @ 4:31 pm

This morning I went to Notcutts to pick up my waldsteinia. I thought it was quite expensive at £6.29 but I did get a lot of plant for my money. Here it is.

Waldsteinia in pot

It is supposed to do yellow flowers at about now, but I couldn’t see any signs of them. The first thing I did after photographing it was to dunk it in some water and then chop it up into six pieces. It was very pot bound, and I had a hard time dividing it. I hope at least some of its children will survive, otherwise I will have to go back to Notcutts and order another one. If I have to do that, I will not admit that I killed the last one in case they mark me down as a plant murderer. I will pretend that mine was so successful I decided to buy another one as a present for someone.

I also had a look under Elaeagnus, and the fragrant shrub is definitely Elaeagnus x ebbingei. They had some fine specimens there, but they cost £9.99. I will try taking cuttings first and see if they take. If they don’t, then I know where to get the plant now.

\

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *